Pool Rule changes due to COVID-19
All users of the pool are expected to abide by the following rules:
- Each session starts and finishes at the agreed time and includes The Pool House must be vacated by the end of the session.
- Hand sanitiser must be used before entering the premises.
- The changing rooms are only to be accessed to use the toilet.
- All users must shower at home and arrive pool ready.
- No lone swimming is permissible.
- No diving into the pool.
- No horseplay (pushing people into the pool, dive bombing etc).
- No running around the edge of the pool or in the Pool House.
- No hard balls are allowed in the Pool House – inflatable balls are acceptable.
- No outside toys or any inflatables with sand are allowed.
- Safety rings and arm bands to be sanitized before entering pool.
- No furniture should be removed from the Pool House.
- No one is to use the pool that is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- No one is to enter the pool or the grounds if showing any signs or symptoms related to Covid-19
- All users should be in good health, and it is their responsibility to establish that the pool, the pool chemicals and the pool environment will not affect any medical condition they suffer from – by doctor’s consultation if necessary. Should a doctor’s consultation have been necessary, the owners of the pool should be notified prior to use. A full breakdown of the chemicals used, chemical levels and air/water temperatures can be obtained upon request.
- Users are asked to exercise caution when using the pool if they have eaten within one hour before swimming.
- No food, drink, glass, bottles or any breakable items are allowed in the Pool House.
- No smoking is allowed in the Pool House, Pool or anywhere on the property.
- All jewellery should be removed prior to entering the water.
- The pool is unsupervised and it is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that those who use the pool can either swim adequately or are using the necessary swimming aids. All children, young adults (under 18)and non swimmers must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- To maintain the temperature of both the pool and the pool house, all entrance doors must be kept closed whilst inside the pool house.
- Swimming caps should be worn by swimmers with long hair at all times.
- To maintain the temperature of the pool please cover the pool after your session, instructions are located at poolside.
As we advise swimwear only to be worn poolside, any damage to clothing, shoes or possessions whilst in the pool house is not the responsibility of Mermaid River Pools.
- Maximum of 9 people in the pool area at any time.
- Any damages caused to the pool or pool house during your session becomes the responsibility of the person making the booking.
- Cars are parked in the car park at the users own risk, the property owners or management will not accept liability for any accidents, loss or damages incurred.